Hadlow Bowls Club
Hadlow Bowls Club is a friendly outdoor Lawn Bowls Club which can be found in the centre of the village just 200 yards from the High Street in School Lane. Our members come from Hadlow and the surrounding villages.
It was formed in 1936 and originally on rented ground in Court Lane, Hadlow. In 1962 the then owner sold the land for building development and as a result during the 1963 season the Club had to find a temporary home at Pembury Bowls Club. In 1963 a new green was laid in Hadlow on land belonging to Hillreed (Builders) Ltd which the Club has leased ever since.
The Club is affiliated to the Kent County Bowls Association and plays the Weald and Sevenoaks leagues with one mixed team of three triples in the Weald league and one mens team of two triples on the Sevenoaks league. Friendly matches are played on most Saturdays and Sundays and some Wednesdays throughout the summer.
Combined league and friendly matches add up to some 80 fixtures during the season and as a result the green is in use most days of the week and evenings for league matches, friendlies and also Club competitions.
The Club welcomes new members and will provide taster sessions and lessons for beginners. There is no age barrier as Bowls is a game that can be played by young and old. It is also a very sociable game with the Club holding a number of social events during the year.
For more information please contact:-
Chairman: Mr D. Isted - 01732 852138, email - email@example.com
Secretary: Mr M. Gladwin - 01622 812905, email - firstname.lastname@example.org